Solutions for the Chemical Industry
Product, Facility, and Safety Identification Solutions
Safety is always a concern and Harrington is here to help. We offer the latest in equipment, facility, and safety markings and identification. Our Brady line of products will help you meet all regulatory and safety marking requirements.
Brady identifies and protects products, people, and premises with high performance labels, printers, software, safety & facility identification products, and Lockout/Tagout products. Devices “Know its locked safely with Brady lockout/tagout devices.”
Equip employees with the proper lockout tools and warning devices. Brady has OSHA-compliant lockout devices to cover every application.
Double Containment Piping
Contamination of the environment do to chemicals leaking from piping systems is a major concern. But there is a solution. Harrington is helping to keep the environment clean and safe by offering field proven double containment piping systems such as: Asahi’s Dou-Pro, Chem-Prolok and Poly-Flo systems, IPEX’s Guardian Double containment and Encase systems, and GF’s Contain-It system. These and other reliable systems for hazardous chemicals are available from Harrington.
Plastic-Lined Steel Piping
When corrosive piping applications require the chemical resistance of plastic and the strength of metal, think plastic-lined-steel piping. It’s available in corrosion resistant PTFE, PFA, Polypropylene, and PVDF locked in liners and pipe sizes to fit your specific needs. Harrington can fabricate spool pieces to your exact specifications.
Double Wall Containment Mini-Bulk Tanks
Smaller dual-containment tanks provide added safety and environment protection in more confined or remote storage locations. The advanced double wall tank design is enclosed to prohibit foreign matter from entering the secondary containment tank, and a unique octagonal shape provides optimal spacing and sealing surface for the industry’s most reliable transition fitting.
- Available in HDLPE and XLPE resin packages
- Primary tank is available in both closed and open top designs.
- Secondary tank provides 115-120% of inner tank’s capacity, complies with CRF-264.193
- Transition fitting allows side safe installation and long-term sealing power through both walls of the tank
- Large flat surface area provides ample space for a variety of fitting sizes and styles
- Rib reinforced flat top design provides ample surface space for chemical feed pump mounting
- Narrow diameter provides location versatility to fit through most any doorway
- Forklift and pallet jack accessible design on 275, 360 and 500 gallon models
- Optional top draw tube assembly
- Optional 2Ó vent provides vacuum relief for interior tank
- Optional all-poly elevation stands create more room for plumbing and other system requirements without using additional floor space
Asahi - Proline Polypropylene Piping
Proline is manufactured from a copolymer polypropylene consisting of propylene and ethylene, according to ASTM D-4101, and contains a stabilizer to resist the effects of corrosive hot liquids.
- Pipe and fittings are inventoried in two pressure-rated systems, both designed according to a Standard Dimensional Ratio (SDR). Pressure ratings are derated at higher temperatures
- PRO 150 is an SDR11 system rated at 150 psi at ambient temperature
- PRO 45 is an SDR32 system rated at 45 psi at ambient temperature
- Able to withstand continuous operating temperatures ranging from 32°F to 200°F
- Resists most organic and inorganic chemicals, many strong and weak acids, alkalies, organic solvents and some aggressive gases
- Well-suited for handling sulfur-based compounds
- Corrosion resistance makes it ideal for handling salt water disposal and cooling lines
- Joining methods include butt or socket fusion